The National Year of Reading theme for October is Explore. With summer just around the corner, and the longer, warmer days ahead, this is a great time for exploring. We could be exploring our neighbourhood, our city, or our country. Maybe even another country. Possibly we could be exploring new hobbies, new foods or new sports. What have you read recently, or what are you planning to read which is helping you to explore new ventures? Click on comment below and tell us about your recent reads.
Some suggestions to get you started:
- A walk in old Sydney by Michael Tatlow.
- Adventure treks : explore Australia by 4WD by Craig Lewis and Cathy Savage.
- The Alby Mangels story : beyond world safari, an authorised biography by Lynn Santer.
- An explorer's notebook : essays on life, history and climate / Tim Flannery.
- Art : a beginner's guide by Laurie Schneider Adams.
- Eastern and Central Europe by Jonathan Bousfield, Matthew Willis.
- The around Australia guide, photography by Steve Parish, text by Rod Howard.
- Great gourmet weekends in Australia edited by Helen Duffy
- The Choice guide to Sydney for kids by Wendy Preston